Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring break has ended, well it ended a while ago actually, but I am just now writing again soooo.....at school I am on rib assembly two and three. I will work on these two at the same time until they are to the point of my first and then continue all of them from there with knecks etc. Overall my spring break was great.
Today I started working on fitting a bridge for the fiddle I play now. I recently got a pickup and knew it was about time for a new bridge also, so I bought some from Taylor USA and today Brian finally let me begin. I just began working on the back side of the bridge and planed two flats, one that tapers to the top of the bridge, it was easy going too which was nice. I don't know how long before I get to put the new bridge on, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

We have moved on to reading The Violin-Makers of the Guarneri Family (1626-1762). It is good, interesting for the most part and a little easier to read than the Strad book from last semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment