Sunday, October 10, 2010

A short account

Oh boy so much has happened since the last time I wrote......where to start. Ok well Friday I finished making a handle for my 12mm violin makers knife. It looks pretty good and was quite fun to make. I am now working on putting my lining in. I guess I left off talking about flattening my plates, well since then they have been glued (making a solid back and top) and I started planing them again to reachieve flatness. I have chiseled my blocks, bent lining and ribs, and glued them to the form. I have grounded my block gouge, and one of my knives. An interesting tool we used for test clamping our ribs is called "zulogin". They are blocks of wood with little steps on the sides for the ribs to rest on. They look like the bottom half of a pyramid and are pretty handy. Oh and in the process of bending one of my C bouts, I did break it. But hey it's all good and my violin and I recovered nicely.

Work at the Blue Bayou is about to end. I might actually miss it some. It is a nice place to work. Last night I went to a show at the Ironwood theatre and watched a gypsy jazz band, Clearwater Hot Club and guest artist Tim Klipheus, from Finland, perform. It was a great show. I had fun, quite enjoyable. Well it seems my posts are getting shorter and shorter, maybe I should stop writing them at 10 o'clock at night.....sleepy time, goodbye everyone.

1 comment:

  1. HI TESS!!! Wow it sounds like you're moving along pretty good on making your violin. All those tools have interesting names. Do you have to make a lot of them or can you buy them? If you'll let me know when its supposed to start snowing then depending on that I'll try and come up. I really miss you. Call me anytime!
    Love,
    Em

    ReplyDelete